Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ffff-ing French Frustration.....

It has rained pretty much non-stop for the past four days here - giving the vines a nice breather from the dry weather. Although it hasn't been unusually hot, we have had a dry patch of about three weeks and the "dry" depth of the soil had increased to almost 40cm. Not a problem for the vines, but a bit challenging for other crops. Providing the rain stops in the near future, all is still looking positive for a very good vintage.....

Whilst it has been raining, I've had a chance to catch up on some internet browsing - peering into my computer screen at the outside world! On one of the Bulletin Boards I came across the link below - originally posted by Tom Cannavan I think.

It's addictive, frustrating, compelling, informative, challenging - and above all, humiliating. And no, it's nothing to do with Britney Spears. Apparently a score of over 50,000 is impressive - but I haven't got that far yet......

French Wine Regions Test

Aarrggghhhh...... I can't stop....

1 comment: